Saturday, March 2, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and had a very hard time concentrating almost instantly. My visual field appeared featureless and static with some "things" going on on the margins that were difficult to direct my attention to and dissect for the Three Characteristics. After trying several objects I settled my attention on my sense of touch, and just sort of let my skin crawl, looking for the Three Characteristics. After a while, a sort of pulsing base started and sent on at about four times per second. I moved my attention to that and another pulsing began and sort of overtook the base; the second pulsing was super-fine and vibrated at maybe fifteen to twenty-times per second. Somewhere in there I experienced some sheet-lightening visuals behind my eyelids, and around this time my visual field came alive and there was a lot to pay attention to there. I no longer had difficulty concentrating. I experienced pain in my legs and back and feelings of despair and disappointment and fear, but these sensations didn't appear to be "me" and I could clearly observe them arising and passing away at fifteen to twenty times per second or so.

Observations: This was a difficult session to accurately narrate. A lot was going on and its hard to look back and say precisely what was happening when.

No comments:

Post a Comment