Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I was palpably excited to go into this session. I had real sense of anticipation, like I'm close to something. I closed my eyes and immediately perceived my visual field "vibrating" at about six times per second. Then things sped-up considerably. The first five minutes or so saw me quickly pass through nañas 1-4, at which point I lingered in the nañas 5-10 for another five minutes or so. I really didn't know what was going on until I hit equanimity - its been a while since my cycling through the nañas was so "in your face". I hung-out in equanimity for about ten or fifteen minutes. Formations presented and passed away rapidly and contained data from multiple sense-doors. Background mental processes were equally objects for observation for the "Three Characteristics". Impermanence was predominant. The there was a bit of a "blip" of no-thought. It was like time just skipped ahead a beat and everything took on a sort of fluid-stasis-like-quality; thoughts arose from nothing, occurred, and vanished, all in slow motion. Experience seemed to slow down in a major way. Then things slowly sped-up again. I dropped down into naña 4 and proceeded to go up to 11 again (it took about 5 minutes); then the whole thing happened again. The session ended in equanimity.

Observations: I can't shake the feeling that I'm on the cusp of something exciting. I'm gonna post this practice log on the DhO and ask for input from the yogis there. I'm excited about the place where my practice is . . . and also scared. Its a weird mix of emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment