Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and immediately perceived my visual field vibrating at about four times per second. The vibrations were pretty chunky and the experience was a little rough, but after a minute or so the vibrations smoothed-out and sped-up to about twelve times per second. My concentration was pretty spotty early on but about ten minutes in (maybe - time was hard to judge) my mind settled down. My practice during this session was to try and stop "doing" by stepping back and allowing everything to do its thing. Visual field vibrates. Skin crawls in time. Smells, taste, sound, thought - all in time. I wasn't able to view all sense-doors firing at the same time, but there was some "mash-up" of the various doors during each vibration for sure. Towards the end of the session I focused on really watching each vibration and trying to spot the  "Three Characteristics" in it with fair success.

Observations: I don't really have much to say about this session except that each session lately has focused more and more on the gaps in between vibrations. I feel like I'm becoming more aware of those gaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment