Monday, March 25, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and immediately perceived my visual field "vibrating" at about five or six times per second.Concentration was diffuse, discursive thought was evident, and there was some physical pain. Within a few minutes, concentration sharpened, physical discomfort was gone, and thoughts became more observable as sense-objects. There was a great deal of expectation - some of which was critical. Then there was a "Fruition experience". Then "I" was back - back and observing a fairly long and intense rapture - it was damn close to orgasmic. Then I dropped back into diffuse concentration and physical pain and started to cycle back up into
"
naña 11 territory".

Observations: Time flew by this session. I've been obsessing rather a lot about where I am on the Progress of Insight, and what the heck I'm supposed to be doing where I am (Review). That obsession is starting to bleed into my meditations, which seems like a pretty clear sign to me that I've gone overboard with it. I think I said in my last post that I'd sound-out the yogis on the DhO about this whole deal and see what they had to say - that thread is here if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment