Sunday, February 24, 2013

Time: 41 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and was instantly in touch with my visual field vibrating at around ten or twelve times per second. The vibrations were very fine. I observed a pressure on my forehead and watched that vibrate and pulse. My concentration was all over the place. Stories and tape loops, then back to reality, then lost again. After a while I seemed settle down. The disjunctive quality between sensation and mental construct became more and more pronounced. I observed that intentions preceded movements and often thoughts and feelings. There were some light-shows behind my eyelids at multiple points in this sitting. After one there was a sudden sense of being stretched-out and floaty. I could still feel myself in contact with the cushion, but my torso and head seemed adrift in space and my visual field took on a 3-D quality it usually doesn't have. I then had the scary realization that my touch sensations and visual sensations were vibrating in sync - that "I" was vibrating in and out of being - leading to the sticky question of what is it that "is" and "isn't" "I"?

Observations: This was a weird one.

No comments:

Post a Comment