Friday, March 15, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and immediately perceived my visual field vibrating at about six to eight times per second.My awareness shifted naturally to my sense of touch (skin crawling) and the vibrations sped-up to maybe twenty times per second. Each vibration was very immediate in that I was not experiencing each as one of a series of vibrations, but rather was experiencing each vibration as either present, or not. Background mental processes were equally objects of observation along with the more obvious and standard ones like sight - processes such as observing itself; it got to the point where there was really no-self and object, just objects. Impermanence was far and away the most conspicuous of the "Three Characteristics" during this session.

Observations: EVERYTHING was fluxing FAST during this session. It was interesting to observe an object vibrate, and then observe that the process of observing itself was vibrating. There was a definite point where I felt almost "empty" in that "I" wasn't anything not observable as an object - hence what the heck was "I" when all  phenomena were "out there and observable" as rapidly arising, existing, and passing away utterly (which is what I always mean when I say "vibrating" and/or "fluxing")?

No comments:

Post a Comment