Saturday, March 16, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and immediately perceived my visual field and sense of touch (skin) "vibrating" at about twelve to eighteen times per second. Each vibration was very immediate and was observed less as "one in a chain of vibrations" and more as "there" then "not there" then "there", if that makes sense. My concentration was hard to evaluate - I definitely dropped into stories and tape loops a few times, but overall I felt like I was following the vibrations very closely (i.e., seeing them arise, do their thing, and pass away utterly in a very distinct and clear way). The vibrations themselves had a very inclusive feel in that they seemed to include data from multiple sense doors. I focused hard on seeing the  "Three Characteristics" in each vibration, with Impermanence being predominant, followed closely by Unsatisfactoriness (which had a surprisingly fairy-tale-tragedy-type of taste to it).

Observations: n/a.

No comments:

Post a Comment