Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and immediately perceived my visual field vibrating at about six times per second. In short order there was a bright light show behind my eyes that took the form of blossoming pools of light and color. The center of my visual field went dark and it was difficult to perceive vibrations except around the periphery, where they continued at about six times per second. Then the frequency doubled or more. My visual field was appearing as numerous particles arising and passing with great speed. My attention was light and fine. I examined visual phenomena, taste, touch, sound, and thought. Everything was vibrating rapidly. I found myself pulling away when I would get "too close" to the vibratory nature of things - I saw myself continually pull away and attempt to solidify experience in the face of confronting the non-solidity of it all. I more or less stayed at this high velocity vibration place until the session ended.

Observations: This session was characterized by impermanence. Everything seemed to arise and pass at great speed. There was a sense of inclusiveness of focus, and then a sense of that sense of inclusiveness of focus. There was also a sense of discomfort as I experienced this session - I got the distinct impression that I was being confronted with an unpalatable truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment