Monday, March 4, 2013

Time: 28 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and immediately perceived my visual field vibrating at about twelve times per second. I was pretty distracted and dropped into stories and tape loops several times. About halfway through the vibrations increased in speed dramatically (maybe eighteen to twenty times per second). There was an inclusiveness regarding objects to this session that differentiates it from previous ones. Thoughts and feelings were very much part of my perceptual framework, and vibrated along with everything else. The vibrations were so fast and strong that this session was almost nauseating.

Observations: This session was a sort of study in contrasts, spacious and relaxing but jarring and disturbing; high degrees of concentration contrasted with long periods of inattention. This session was over my lunch-break - so maybe that accounts for some of the bi-polar aspects present.

No comments:

Post a Comment