Sunday, March 24, 2013

Time: 58 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and immediately perceived my visual field "vibrating" at about five or six times per second - maybe more. In a few seconds my awareness naturally shifted to my skin, and the vibrations sped up . Concentration was diffuse and there was some physical pain. Within a few minutes, concentration sharpened, physical discomfort was gone, and thoughts became more observable as sense-objects (along with the more usual suspects of sight, touch, taste, smell, and sound). There was a little *blip* where all sense input was gone and there was neither observer nor observation. Then "I" was back observing, a little rapturous wave or two would course through my body, then I would drop into diffuse concentration and physical pain and the cycle would repeat. This happened maybe six times or so. When things reset each time, I would make an effort to move through
"ñanas 5-10" towards "ñana 11", and this seemed to happen pretty much every time in fairly short order.

Observations: Its hard for me to evaluate what's happening. After speaking with a guy on the DhO about it, it seems I'm in Review, which involves cycling through "ñanas 5-11". The phases and experiences seem to track. The unknowing-events (Fruitions) are difficult to percieve, I "notice" them more by noticing when I'm not noticing ANYTHING and where that not-noticing happens in terms of the the ñanas. The guy (Devin) I spoke to recommended hanging-out in Review for a little while before embarking on another Progress of Insight because once I start a new Progress, Fruitions from this path will cease. I think I'll post on the DhO about this - maybe see what I "should be doing" in Review, and for a how long, since I'm feeling a little lost. I'll do some outside reading too and see what I come up with.

Oh, by the way: my dreams since hitting Review have been VIVID and INTENSE. Actually, all of my existence has been that way - I feel very here, as if some set of standards, or pair of glasses or something, that I've been employing forever, is no longer in play. Its interesting and not unpleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment