Thursday, March 14, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and immediately perceived my visual field vibrating at about six to eight times per second. The vibrations were fine and clear. My awareness shifted to my sense of touch and the vibrations sped-up to maybe sixteen times per second or more. The beginning, middle, end, and space-in-between-end-and-beginning of each vibration were all clearly discernible. There was a shift where I realized I had viewing vibrations habitually as part of a string of past vibrations, but that really there is no past. Past is non-existent. My experience took on an immediacy as each sense-input was either sounding off a "sense door" or there was "nothing". I felt wrapped in a fluxing sheet of all six senses, but it was unclear what the "I" was that was wrapped up in it. I focused hard on trying to see the "Three Characteristics" in each vibration - particularly Unsatisfactoriness, which I'm told is a "high-yield" (all be it sort of experimentally existentially tragic to consistently note).

Observations: n/a.

No comments:

Post a Comment