Monday, April 8, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and immediately perceived my visual field "vibrating" at about eight times per second. Concentration was diffuse. I would briefly drift-off into stories and tape loops. There was some physical discomfort. My awareness transitioned from sight to touch and the speed of vibrations increased. Concentration became more focused and formations began to become evident. Background "stuff" like stress, desire, anxiety, etc were equally objects, flickering in the field. There were several space-outs in there that I'm not quite sure about the nature of. I'm very, very tired (despite getting some extra sleep the past few days) so I'm not sure if I dozed-off or what. There wasn't the (characteristic for me) head-jerk that accompanies nodding off. Whatever those were, I seemed to cycle through the Dark Night and into Equanimity then drop back into Dark Night a few times during this session. Then the session ended.


Observations: I'm not sure where I am or what's going on, but I plan on continuing to observe the true nature of each sense-stimulus as it arises, and see where that takes me - if anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment