Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and immediately perceived my visual field "vibrating" at about  six to eight times per second. Concentration was diffuse. I slipped into a brief story and when I snapped back, concentration was finer and more focused.
"Formations" were evident. Background processes like the impulse to control were objects to be observed. The "Door of Not-Self" presented,  "blip", and then a physical rapture wave. Then back to square one, up to a Door of "Unsatisfactoriness", another "Fruition" and bliss waive, then back to square one, up to another "Not-Self Door", "Fruition", and bliss waive, then the session ended somewhere around low "Equanimity".

Observations: This was a session of rapid and obvious cycling. As this Review continues I'm spotting Doors often and the A-then-B-then-C sort of structure to the Progress of Insight is really presenting. The Fruitions are much faster than last Review, and the vibrations themselves seem to have a "slipperyer" quality to them than last time. Background processes, especially the impulse to "do" something and/or "control" or "get" are very clearly present and observable as objects. I'm finding it very helpful to simply let go and allow what happens to happen - simply reminding myself to observe what happens precisely and clearly, understanding that no matter what, the Three Characteristics will be there in some form or other.

No comments:

Post a Comment