Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and immediately perceived my visual field "vibrating" at about four or six times per second. Concentration was diffuse, stories and tape loops occurred a few times, and there was some physical discomfort. I allowed my awareness to transition to my skin and the vibrations increased in speed to maybe ten or twelve times per second. There was a smooth, fast entry into "Equanimity".
"Formations" transitioned from "chunky" and stark in character to fine and fast, then *blip* (an "Unknowing Event" occurred). This all happened within maybe ten or fifteen minutes of sitting down to meditate, and the movement from the Dhukka nanas through "Equanimity" and into "Fruition" was so fast I didn't catch which "Door" appeared. There was a rapture wave after the "Fruition" and then I felt like I was somewhere a little new - but a little familiar too. Usually, I drop back into the Dhukka nanas after a "Fruition", but not this time. Sense-stimuli were all out there in the perceptual field, concentration was diffuse, there was little physical pain, and formations seemed to be "there", but not clearly perceivable - the state was mildly pleasant, although the sensation of diffuse concentration was mildly irksome too.  There was a sort of gut feeling of being "on the ride" again, so to speak - time will tell, but I believe I'm out of "Review" and back at "Mind and Body", which would mean this is the beginning of my second journey through the "Progress of Insight". I hung-out wherever this place was until the session ended.

Observations: I took the "advice of MCTB and began resolving" not to cling to "Review", but just to let the  "Progress of Insight" happen and try to observe sense-phenomena as they are, in the most precise way possible, as fast as they arise. We'll even see if I'm out of "Review", but if I am, I'm betting this resolution had something to do with it. Whatever the case, my game plan is to continue doing what I've been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment