Sunday, April 21, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and immediately perceived my visual field "vibrating" at about six times per second. Concentration was moderate. Thoughts were "out there" in the sense-field to be observed as objects. Causality was evident. About fifteen minutes in there was a little sheet-lightening light show. A while later I realized (belatedly) that I was experiencing aversion, physical discomfort, etc. Towards the end the vibrations became pretty rocky, stark, chunky, or whatever you want to call it, although the "Dark Night" sort of unpleasantness did begin to fade.


Observations: No
"Fruitions" today. We'll see what the next few sessions bring, but I believe based on the last few sessions that I've dropped out of "Review", and am now in the beginning states of another "cycle". Kind of a bummer; kind of exciting. This weekend has been an exhausting bitch from hell . . . but in a good way. However, good or not, I'm tired, and the prospect of "new" territory in meditation is a little daunting. However, as the kids say, "Ready or not . . .."

No comments:

Post a Comment