Thursday, April 11, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and immediately perceived my visual field "vibrating" at about six times per second. Concentration was diffuse, there were stories/tape-loops, and there was some physical discomfort and aversion to meditating. Concentrations sharpened kind of suddenly and the observer was back observing sense input, which was clearly "out there" (not the observer). Vibrations were stark and chunky but subtly gave way to finer, more rapid vibration, and the view of the sense-field became panoramic. Thoughts and feelings were evident as objects. Impermanence was predominant. There was a sudden mental shift like I had spaced-out for a second. There was a bodily bliss wave. Then concentration was diffuse and I was back to square one. Lather, rinse, repeat.


Observations: I didn't blog about my meditation yesterday, which was kind of short (20 minutes) after a pretty hectic day. It felt like I experienced "Fruitions". If I am (and I'm still not convinced I'm not just fooling myself) this batch is way harder to recognize as discontinuities in the thought/perception stream. They happen faster and have a more "slippery" quality than the first go round. And in terms of spotting the precipitating "Door", forget about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment