Monday, April 22, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and immediately perceived my visual field "vibrating" at about six times per second. Concentration was diffuse and the vibrations were pretty chunky. I slipped into a brief story, snapped back, concentration was a little more focused, and b
ackground processes like the desire and and thought were objects "out there" in the sense-field. The field itself contained data from multiple sense-doors, and it was the field that was vibrating. There was a brief light-show behind my eyelids and some pretty intense physical discomfort. The discomfort would peak and fade and peak again throughout the rest of the session. A couple times I chanced into what I can only guess are "samatha jhanas" - boundless space and the like. They were weird dissociative states that would sort of fade-out as I zeroed in on their transient (vibratory) nature. And that was that session.

 
Observations: Hello, "Dark Night". Nice to see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment