Thursday, April 18, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and immediately perceived my visual field "vibrating" at about six times per second. Concentration was diffuse and there was aversion to meditating. I slipped into a brief story and when I snapped back, concentration was much more focused.
Background processes like the desire and fear were objects to be observed. "Formations" were evident. There was physical discomfort . . . but its was just "happening" not happening "to me". "Impermanence" presented as a "Door", there was a quick  "blip" of unknowing, and then a physical rapture wave. I was back to diffuse concentration and aversion. Lather, rinse, repeat with a "Not Self" "Door" and another "Fruition". Then I spent the rest of the session hovering around "Equanimity", occasionally nodding-off.


Observations: Rollin', rollin', rollin' - rawhide!

No comments:

Post a Comment