Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience:  I closed my eyes and awareness settled on touch-sense and sight-sense. Sensations presented from both sense-doors (sight and touch) simultaneously, and flickered in and out of existence at a rate of about eight times per second. Concentration was moderate and and equanimity was high. I reminded myself what the Three Characteristics are and let go of "doing" the meditation. Thoughts were observable as objects. I fell into a story. When I popped out, concentration and equanimity were high. The flickering of sensations had increased to maybe twelve times per second. The arbitrary assignment of "self-hood" to sense-objects was very clear and a little irritating. Sensations arose and passed on their own without any help from me. The flickering increased even more. I wasn't "doing" anything, the sensations simply arose and passed. This session flew by. 


Observations: N/A.

No comments:

Post a Comment