Saturday, July 6, 2013

Untitled

Time: 50 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience: 
I reminded myself to watch each sensation for any/all of the Three Characteristics and to see if there was ever a felt sense of an observer (read "me") and if so, to investigate that to see what sensation I was labeling "me". I
closed my eyes and awareness settled on the sense of touch. Sensations were flickering in and out of existence at a rate of about six times per second. The flickering had a very subtle, fine quality to it. When I spotted a sense of observer, I explored that sense to see which of the Five Aggregates it was, and THEN tried to see the Three Characteristic's in that aggregate.  Concentration and equanimity were both high. I fell into little stories from time to time, but only briefly. I also almost dozed-off a few times.

Observations: I was pretty tired this session, and I felt it. There were a few times when I was definitely asleep sitting up for a moment. The selfing-process seems to be labeling sensations as "me" with less passion and vigor each session, but the sensations which are themselves being labeled "me" are becoming more and more subtle each session too. I find I'm having difficulty being hyper-precise in my investigation of the Three Characteristics in each sensation because the sensations themselves are happening so quickly and "quietly" (for lack of a better word). It doesn't help that I'm (apparently) exhausted either.

No comments:

Post a Comment