Thursday, July 11, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience:  I closed my eyes and awareness settled on touch-sense. Touch-sensations flickered in and out of existence at a rate of about six times a second. Concentration was high . . . but there was also some anxiety. I reminded myself to look for the Three Characteristics. Mind-objects such as thoughts, feelings, and urges were sensations to be observed. I fell into story and when I popped out, the flickering of sensations had increased in speed to about ten times per second. Concentration and Equanimity were high. Anxiety was gone. Data from three or four sense-doors presented simultaneously in each moment. Proprioception was "off" in a way I've come to associate with the immaterial and pure land jhanas operating in the background. Awareness inclined towards the space between "flickers" of object-organ awareness. The process of assigning "selfness" to objects was apparent. Concentration flagged. The session ended.


Observations: N/A.

No comments:

Post a Comment