Monday, July 8, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience:  I closed my eyes and
awareness settled on touch-sense. Touch-sensations arose, did their thing, and passed away utterly into nothingness at a rate of about six or eight times a second. Concentration and Equanimity were both pretty high. I reminded myself to look hard at each sensation for the Three Characteristics. I fell into a series of stories and when I popped out, the arising and passing of sensations had increased in speed to maybe twelve or more times per second. Concentration and Equanimity were through the roof. Data from multiple sense-doors presented simultaneously. I had a realization that thoughts, urges, fantasies, and feeling tones were just data presenting at the mind-door. I had a realization that sensations did not arise, do their thing, and pass away in sign-wave-like-fashion as I had previously conceived, rather sensations present in a binary fashion: existing or not existing. Formless realms and some of the Pure Land Jhanas were in the background, but I didn't attempt to stabilize those states, so they passed away in time. The selfing process seemed almost translucent, or languid, or faint - its hard to describe; assigning a sense of self to sense-data seemed almost like more trouble than it was worth. This session seemed to last a long time. 

Observations: N/A.

No comments:

Post a Comment