Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience:  I closed my eyes and awareness settled on touch-sense and sight-sense. The sensations of both presented simultaneously in each moment. I tuned into hearing-sense and it presented simultaneously too. These sensations flickered in and out of existence at a rate of about fifteen or eighteen times per second. Concentration and Equanimity were high. I reminded myself what the Three Characteristics are. Tingling sensations in my forehead and the crown of my head told me some of the Pure Land Jhanas operating out there. I did not solidify them, but rather focused on seeing the Three Characteristics in each sensation. I fell into stories a few times. Thoughts arose. The arbitrary selfing process was visible - paying attention to it almost "got in the way" of observing sensations. At one point discursive though turned-off briefly - there were just no thoughts. Momentum faded as this session progressed. By the end concentration was moderate to low.


Observations: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment