Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience:  I closed my eyes and awareness settled on touch-sense and sight-sense. The sensations of both presented - not quite in sync. All sense-doors were vibrating when I tuned into them; not all at the same moment, but some at the same moment. Sensations flickered in and out of existence at a rate of about twelve times per second. Concentration and Equanimity were high. I reminded myself what the Three Characteristics are. Tingling sensations in my forehead and the crown of my head told me some of the Pure Land Jhanas were attainable if I solidified them. I stuck with seeing the seeing the Three Characteristics in each sensation. I fell into stories a few times. At one point, discursive thought ceased and it was a long time before it slowly rebooted. Thoughts were objects to be noted. Each time a felt sense of self was observed, it was labeled as what it was: data from a sense-door. Multiple times, there was the sensation of "just" sense-data presenting without a sense of observing it do so. This session flew by. In its wake, I feel almost sedated in this weird hyper-aware sort of way.

   
Observations: N/A.

No comments:

Post a Comment