Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience:  I closed my eyes and awareness settled on touch-sense. Touch-sensations flickered in and out of existence at a rate of about four times per second. The flickering had a rough/chunky texture to it. Concentration and Equanimity were high. I reminded myself what the Three Characteristics are. I fell into an absorbing story; when I popped out, the flickering of sensations had sped-up to maybe eight or ten times per second, and they had a finer quality to them. Concentration and Equanimity were both very high. Sensations from two or sense-doors presented simultaneously. Sensations were not presented in a medium; it was as if there was nothing but sensation and no-sensation. Sensations were clearly not self, and neither were their absence. Sensations arose, and did their thing, and vanished completely, all without any connection to "me". The arbitrary assignment of "self" to sensations was transparent. Awareness inclined towards the space between "flickers. I was aware that time was passing during this session, but it still seemed to fly by.


Observations: I feel close to something - not sure what that something is, or if I'm fooling myself, but the feeling is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment