Friday, August 2, 2013

Time: 65 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience:  I closed my eyes and awareness settled on touch-sense. Touch-sensations flickered in and out of existence at a rate of about ten times per second.
Thoughts and emotions were observable as objects. Concentration and equanimity were high. I reminded myself what the Three Characteristics are and to allow sensations do their thing without effort from "me".  I fell into a story. When I popped out, sensations were flickering in and out of existence at rate of about eighteen times per second. The process of assigning self-hood to sense-objects was obvious, a little irritating, and a little tedious. About halfway through the session, the felt sense of self disappeared. There were just sense-door/sense-object/consciousness contacts, over and over, at a high rate of speed. There were several *blips* of non-experience and several small light-shows behind my eye lids - it is difficult to reconstruct the timeline, but they seemed to occur: blip, lights, no-self/contact; blip, lights, no-self/contact, etc. This session flew by.


Observations: N/A.

No comments:

Post a Comment