Saturday, August 3, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience:  I closed my eyes and awareness settled on touch-sense. Touch-sensations flickered in and out of existence at a rate of about ten times per second.
Thoughts and emotions were observable as objects.Concentration and equanimity were both moderate. I reminded myself what the Three Characteristics are and to allow sensations do their thing without effort from "me".  I fell into a series of brief stories; one right after the other. When I popped out of them, sensations were flickering in and out of existence at rate of about twenty times per second. The flickering itself was silky-smooth and subtle. Sense-data from multiple sense-doors presented simultaneously in each "flicker". The flickers of perceived sensations were separated by periods of non-existence/perception/nothingness that arose and passed with equal speed. The process of assigning "self-hood" to objects/organ/consciousness "contacts" was very clearly apparent, and just seemed utterly boring and pointless. Several times there was "sheet lightening" behind my eyelids. This meditation seemed to last five minutes, tops.

Observations: N/A.

No comments:

Post a Comment