Monday, August 19, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience:  Awareness settled on touch-sense. It flickered in and out of existence in at about 8 times per second. Concentration was high. Equanimity was hard to really evaluate. Mind-activity was observable as any other object would be. All sense doors received data when I turned awareness to them. I reminded myself what the Three Characteristics are. After a few minutes the flickering of sensations sped up to maybe 16 times per second. I dropped into a story. When I popped out sensations were presenting very fast. Data from multiple sense doors presented simultaneously. Then awareness was gone for a moment. My rolled up in my head and there was REM and lights behind my eyelids. My eyes rolled back down and a bliss-wave went through the body. Then lots of equanimity and observation of vibrations again. Fast. Then awareness was gone for a moment. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. At no point was there a felt sense of self. There were just "contacts". The session ended.


Observations: I've been meditating since the last entry on this blog, but haven't blogged about it. There has been no felt sense of a permanent or separate "self" since the last entry. Just "contacts". Discursive thought continues. Uninvestigated "emotions" feel like they always have, but investigated ones are simply touch sensations in the body, which flux and eventually dissipate over time. This is unlike what I expected, but not bad; just different.

No comments:

Post a Comment