Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience:  I closed my eyes and awareness settled on touch-sense. Touch-sensations flickered in and out of existence at a rate of about twelve times per second. Mind-objects presented just any other sensation would. Concentration and equanimity were moderate. I reminded myself what the Three Characteristics are and that sensations will do their thing without involvement by a "me". Sensations were observed very clearly as just sensations, doing their thing. I dozed-off several times. The session ended.


Observations: For whatever reason I'm just exhausted today. It was tough to stay awake during this session. But that's life, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment