Saturday, June 29, 2013

Untitled

Time: 25 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience:  I closed my eyes and reminded myself to watch for a "felt sense of the observer" and to see which of the Five Aggregates was being assigned this sense, and then see the Three Characteristic's in that aggregate. I  began by observing touch-sensations flickering in and out of existence at about six times per second. Strength of concentration and equanimity were both moderate. I fell into a little story. Then there were a series of realizations like: the thing "I" seems to be is what I assign "I"ness to - so I is a fiction! And: if any of this is "I", all of it must be - certainly no more some than other. Then the session ended.

     
Observations: I'm still trying to get a grip on the Five Aggregates and how they work. Applying this bit of meditation theory to my sittings is proving difficult - but rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment