Thursday, June 20, 2013

Time: 15 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and observed sight-sensations flickering in and out of existence at about six times per second. Strength of concentration was moderate. Equanimity was low. I reminded myself that all of "this" was not me, not permanent, and not satisfying. Then I watched the flickers. Then awareness shifted to touch-sensations. Then I started to nod-off . . . regularly. Finally I gave-in and lied down - lights out.


Observations: I feel like I've "fallen back" a little towards the tail-end of the Dark Night. I've been going through a phase where I haven't wanted to do much of ANYTHING. Its hard to wake-up. Hard to go to work. Hard to feed the dogs. Hard to meditate. Hard to post about meditating. I'm not sure what's going on. I needed the nap I took today instead of meditating on my lunch break, but my plan is to give meditation another shot this evening when I get home - and to blog about it! Here's to plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment