Monday, June 24, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience: As I sat down to meditate, I noted the presence of non-specific anxiety and excitement, which I took to be a good sign. I closed my eyes and observed touch-sensations flickering in and out of existence at about six times per second. Strength of concentration was moderate, as was equanimity. I reminded myself to observe information from the Sense Doors, and to observe which of the five aggregates I was assigning a sense of self to as it observed that information from the Sense Doors. I fell into a story, popped back out, and concentration was high, as was equanimity.  The flickering of data in and out of existence was at a very rapid frame-rate, and the flickering was subtle. Formations were evident. I fell into another story and when I popped back out there was a sense of spaciousness and stillness. I checked to see which aggregate I was assigning a sense of self to, and that process was not happening: just sense-data, flickering. This phase of the session lasted for a period of time that's hard to quantify. Slowly, the selfing process rebooted, and I continued to practice as before (in this session) until the timer sounded.

 
Observations: I'm feeling like I was in high Equanimity during this session, which is both exciting and terrifying. No idea what the "quiet space" was. Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment