Friday, June 28, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience:  I closed my eyes and reminded myself to watch for "felt sense of the observer" and to see which of the Five Aggregates was being assigned this sense, and then see the Three Characteristic's in that aggregate. I  began by observing touch-sensations flickering in and out of existence at about six times per second. Strength of concentration and equanimity were both high. There were some formless jhanas doing their thing in the back ground, but I dissected each sensation as an object so the jhanas never really solidified. I observed the flickering of each sensation, noting it as "sensation", and then noted any corresponding aggregate to which I was assigning "I"ness. I fell into a story once. Formations were evident. Energy flagged around the 35 or 40 minute mark. The session ended.

     
Observations: This was a pretty exhausting session. I felt like concentration was really focused for most of it and there was distinct "fox hunt" like quality to it as I constantly chased the label "I" and looked for the Three Characteristics in whatever aggregate "I"ness had been assigned to. There was a bit of a confusion factor too, or maybe a sea-sickness quotient, or whatever you want to call it, as after some time of this practice, I was just mentally spent and feeling all kinds of turned around . . . but not in a bad way. Just a way. Anyway . . . talk to you tomorrow. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment