Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and observed sight-sensations flickering in and out of existence at about six to eight times per second. Strength of concentration was high. Equanimity was high. I reminded myself that all of "this" was not me, not permanent, and not satisfying. Then I watched the flickers. The three characteristics were there, most often one characteristic per flicker, but sometimes they were all there. Thoughts, "remembering", and emotions were observable as objects, flickering in and out of existence. I dropped into a story after a while and then popped back out. Lather, rinse, repeat.


Observations: Time will tell, but this feels like the tail-end of the Dark Night, and entry into the rocky terrain of low equanimity. My emphasis in this session was more on being "on the ride" and less on really focusing in on each flicker of perceptual reality; more about just being aware of the omnipresence of the Three Characteristics. Its an interesting approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment