Monday, June 3, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and observed sight-sensations flickering in and out of existence at about six times per second. Strength of concentration was moderate. Within a few moments awareness transitioned to touch-sensation, and the speed of flickering increased to maybe ten or twelve times per second. I dropped into a story and snapped back. Concentration was high-moderate and the field of awareness was broader somehow. I reminded myself to focus on the Three Characteristics in each sensation - and boy were they there. Observation itself, thoughts, and feelings were all objects to be observed as they flickered in and out of existence. No one Characteristic was predominant. There was some pain and discomfort, but it didn't really "touch" "me". Concentration had a sort of area of dead-space in the middle - if that makes any sense, but the periphery of awareness was bright and clear.


Observations: n/a.

No comments:

Post a Comment