Sunday, June 9, 2013

Time: 40 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and observed touch-sensations flickering in and out of existence at about six times per second. Strength of concentration was moderate.
I reminded myself to focus on the Three Characteristics. I dropped into a story and snapped back. Observation itself, thoughts, and feelings were all objects to be observed as they flickered in and out of existence. The Three Characteristics were very evident. Discomfort was there as was the sort of "hole" in the middle of my perceptual field. Then I dropped into a story again, snapped back, and the process repeated. This cycle went on for maybe ten or twelve revolutions.

Observations: I am dead tired this week. Its hard to stay awake for the whole session. I feel like I'm adrift in the Dark Night; every once in a while I'll "bump up against" Equanimity, only to drift away again into the Dark Night. I need to get some more sleep and recharge my batteries a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment