Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and observed sight-sensations flickering in and out of existence at about six times per second. Strength of concentration was moderate.
I reminded myself to focus on the Three Characteristics in each sensation. Within a few moments awareness transitioned to touch-sensation, and the speed of flickering increased and the vibratory quality of reality was very, very fine. I dropped into a story and snapped back. Concentration was high-moderate and the field of awareness had a Boundless/Infinite Space quality to it. Observation itself, thoughts, and feelings were all objects to be observed as they flickered in and out of existence. No one Characteristic was predominant. There was bodily discomfort that increased throughout the session, but it was just "out there" in the perceptual field. The "dead area" in the middle of the perceptual field I described yesterday was present here to, but was less pronounced. 


Observations: n/a.

No comments:

Post a Comment