Monday, June 10, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and observed touch-sensations flickering in and out of existence at about six times per second. Strength of concentration was moderate to high. I reminded myself to focus on the space between the "flickers" and that all causal phenomena are not me, impermanent, and unsatisfying. I dropped into a story and popped back out. Concentration was slightly increased. Sensations from multiple sense-doors presented simultaneously in each "flicker" of perceptual reality. Comfort oscillated between moderate equanimity and minor physical/mental discomfort. I dropped into a story, popped back out, and the cycle repeated. This happened maybe twenty or thirty times with me on occasion dozing-off instead of dropping into a story, though all of these periods of non-investigation of sensate reality were brief.


Observations: Things seem to be be moving along the Progress of Insight. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment