Thursday, June 27, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience:  I closed my eyes and observed touch-sensations flickering in and out of existence at about six times per second. Strength of concentration and equanimity were both moderate to high. I observed the flickering of each sensation, noting it as "sensation", and then noted any corresponding "felt sense of the observer" of the sensation by noting it as whichever of the Five Aggregates (sensation, feeling-tone, thought, urge) as discussed "here".

     
Observations: This process did a good job of keeping me on track and focused, but it didn't feel "right". I don't know - this was my first hardcore attempt to use the Five Aggregates to debunk the sense of self. Maybe it just takes practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment