Sunday, June 23, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and observed touch-sensations flickering in and out of existence at about six times per second. Strength of concentration was moderate; equanimity was low. I reminded myself that all of "this" was not me, not permanent, and not satisfying, and that the process of observation was itself an object. I fell into a little story and then snapped back. The flickering of each "frame" of reality increased and so was concentration. There was a fear of death and a sensation of helplessness/vulnerability. I fell into another story, deeper this time, then popped back out. Concentration was increased even more, and now there was moderate equanimity as well. Sense-data, observation, thoughts, and emotions all pulsed in and out of existence rapidly and in time with one and other; I call this Formations. This continued until the session ended, with the flickering of phenomena being subtle and very fast.

 
Observations: Curiouser and curiouser.

No comments:

Post a Comment