Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and immediately perceived my visual field "vibrating" at about six times per second. Concentration was moderate to high and vibrations were crisp and clear. Awareness shifted to my sense of touch and the "vibrations" sped-up to maybe eight or ten times per second. There was physical discomfort - but it was not personal to me, it was merely a sense-object to be observed. Every so often I slipped into stories and tape loops, but these episodes were brief and somehow "shallow", in that they did not consume my awareness as they have been recently. The sense-field was fluxing rapidly, and "formations" were evident. Twice I experienced a momentary *blip* in awareness - this could have been me briefly nodding-off, or maybe a "fruition" - no door was clearly apparent and I was pretty tired, so its a mystery.


Observations: I came out of this session in a pretty blissful, highly aware state, and it took a while for "formations" to cease to be the dominant experience of the sense-field. 

No comments:

Post a Comment