Thursday, May 2, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and immediately perceived my visual field "vibrating" at about six to eight times per second. Concentration was high and vibrations were crisp and clear. Awareness shifted to my sense of touch and the "vibrations" sped-up to twelve or more times per second.
"Formations" were evident and "rich" in that they contained data from more sense doors than usual. I slipped VERY briefly into stories and tape loops throughout the session, but would snap right back. The Three Characteristics were evident in a big way. I had several experiences where awareness was sort of "sucked" somewhere, and ceased, then re-appeared. These weren't like the mental hick-ups of unknowing which I usually associate with "fruitions", and there were no clearly discernible Doors, but these events didn't feel like I had nodded-off either.


Observations: I came out of this session in a pretty blissful, highly aware state. I've actually been in a pretty blissful, aware state since they strange OFF THE CUSHION EXPERIENCE I had this morning. This sessions was fast-moving, immediate, and intense. Its analogous to playing a video game, where you're on a new level, but its a variation on an old level, so everything is very familiar feeling - and yet is at the same time distinctly new.

No comments:

Post a Comment