Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and observed touch-sensations flickering in and out of existence at about six times per second. Strength of concentration was low and the field of awareness was shallow. Within a few moments I in a story. I popped back out and concentration was stronger, but still pretty low. Thoughts of a Problem I've been dealing with arose persistently and I was repeatedly entangled in them. Each time I popped out of such a thought, concentration was a little, tiny bit higher. Then thoughts and feelings were observable as object, flickering in and out of existence. Not-Self was predominant. The flickering in and out of sensations increased in speed. Awareness acquired a spacious quality. Several times, sight-sensations and touch-sensations seemed to flicker at the same speed. Then I was in a story again. I popped out, and again observed sesnations flicker in and out of existence at a high rate of speed. This process repeated perhaps a dozen times. 


Observations: When I began this session I was so very deeply pissed-off about my Problem that it was very hard to concentrate. It was interesting though, observe the rage and frustration flicker in and out of existence. After a while, I calmed down, and the session seemed to take on a pretty standard character. Lather; rinse; repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment