Monday, May 13, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.


Experience: I closed my eyes and observed the perceptual field flickering in and out of existence at about six times per second. Awareness shifted to my sense of touch, and this arising and passing sped up to perhaps six times per second. A drifted-off into stories and snapped back. Concentration was much higher, as was over-all equanimity. Arising and passing was "chunky" and very fast (the frame-rate was up in excess of ten times per second maybe). I focused on not manipulating the session, merely trying to whatever sense-data was in evidence "right now" as precisely as possible. There was a *blip* in awareness, a wave of physical bliss spread through the body, and the cycle repeated. This cycle repeated a dozen times or more. Although still super fast-moving and slippery, I'm beginning to get clearer impressions of what appear to be the Doors involved.


Observations: It would be nice to know what's going on - but (FACT) I don't know. In any case though, it felt really nice to let go of trying to control the session, and to just focus on perceiving whatever sense-data was presenting at that moment - almost restful. More tomorrow, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment