Sunday, May 19, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.


Experience: I closed my eyes and observed visual sensations flickering in and out of existence at about six times per second. Awareness shifted from visual sensations to tactile sensations, and the flickering of sensations seemed to increase in speed to perhaps eight times per second. Concentration was moderate and there was no physical discomfort. I fell into a story, snapped back and concentration was fairly sharp, but panoramic and somehow "shallow". Thoughts and the act of observing sensations were sensations to be observed - just as the more traditional five senses sensations were. I repeatedly fell into stories and then snapped back into the panoramic, shallow concentration space. Towards the end of the session I experienced flickering lights behind my eyelids. When the session ended, I opened my eyes and found that my body had twisted as I sat, so that I was at an odd angle on the cushion.


Observations: This all seems like a old territory redux. Its confusing, but okay. I believe I'll continue on.

No comments:

Post a Comment