Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.


Experience: I closed my eyes and observed the sense-field flickering in and out of existence at about six times per second. Awareness shifted to the act of observing, which itself was simply data in the the sense-field, flickering in and out of existence. Awareness shifted to the awareness of observation being data in the sense-field, and this awareness of observing was seen to be simply data in the sense-field, flickering in and out of existence. In short order the flickering in-and-out was happening faster than I could count. All phenomena, including "my" experiencing of all phenomena, was observed to be occurring "out there" in the sense-field, and hence was observed to be incapable of being "me" at all. A rich bliss-wave would hit (data in the sense-field) and be perceived (the act of which was itself data in the sense-field). Lights would flicker behind my eyelids and the sensation of energy flows and releases would arise in the body (all of which, and the perception of all of which, was data in in the sense-field, and hence not me). Concentration would get diffuse and the awareness would hang-out around the edges of perception, instead of the center. Feelings of fear, shame, and anxiety arose. All this, and the perception of all this, was seen to be "out there" in the sense-field, and hence not "me". A place of spacious equanimity would present. A bliss wave would hit. All of this, but ALL OF IT, was presenting out there in the sense-field, as was the perception of it, as was the noting of the perception of it, as was the perception of the noting of the perception of it, and on and on! I was back to flickering lights and energy in the body. Lather, rinse, repeat maybe twenty or thirty times - maybe more.


Observations: This session I took the advice I was given by Nick here and just observed sense-data, including the observation of that data. Cycling was obvious and powerful. There were points when sensations in the sense-field would almost wave back at me claiming, "Hi, Mike! I'm you" even though their vary existence in the sense-field belied the claim. Weird and amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment