Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, sitting in a chair with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and observed touch-sensations flickering in and out of existence at about six times per second. Strength of concentration was low and the field of awareness was shallow. Within a few moments I was sucked into a story. I popped back out and concentration was stronger (perhaps moderate). Thoughts and feelings were objects along with the more traditional five-senses. There was physical discomfort, boredom, aversion to meditation, and fatigue. Then I was sucked into a little story again and everything repeated, but in a shorter period. This happened over and over again - perhaps fifteen or twenty times. 


Observations: This was a cycle-heavy session. Its left me feeling disoriented and apprehensive of the ground yet to be covered. Heavy sigh. Go straight, Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment