Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Time: 50 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, half lotus with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and took maybe half a breath before I observed my perceptual field vibrating in and out of existence at 4 to 6 times per second. I observed this phenomena for the entirety of the session. From time to time a desire to cling to pleasant perceptions would arise, or conversely to avoid unpleasant ones, and I would turn my attention to the stress these desires invariably caused, and to the fact that these desires themselves were, along with the phenomena to which they related, vibrating in and out of existence at a tremendous rate of speed. Towards the end of the session, my perceptual field took on the quality of exceptionally fine TV snow. From beginning to end the session was characterized by a very smooth and detached calm which, along with everything else, vibrated.

Observations: No real observations to make today. More of the same and a sense that thing are on a trend to becoming more refined.

No comments:

Post a Comment