Thursday, January 12, 2012

Time: 40 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, half lotus with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and was instantly aware of my perceptual field vibrating in and out of existence at perhaps 6 times per second. These vibrations were my Object for this session. Around five minutes in I observed some strobe-light-effects behind my eyelids; they were quite bright. The session was characterized by a very cool, detached calm. From time to time I observed myself wanting to control or "do" the meditation, that these desires vibrated along with everything else, and tried to let them go and just allow my organs of perception do the perceiving, not "me." Then things seemed to "sync-up" and I observed all my the sense-doors vibrating at once "over there" while the Watcher observed "over here." This didn't last long, but was very intense. Then things went back to individual sense door vibrations.

Observations: When things "synced-up" I think I observed formations. This an encouraging sign and I credit it to unfabricated observation. I will continue to try and let go and observe my perceptual field pulse in and out of existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment