Monday, January 16, 2012

Time: 45 minutes.

Situation: A quiet room with my eyes closed, Burmese-style with my hands on my knees.

Experience: I closed my eyes and was instantly aware of my perceptual field vibrating in and out of existence at perhaps 12 frames per second. The vibrations were quite fine and it almost, but not quite, like TV snow. I let go of my desire to cling phenomena; I let go of my desire to reject it. My focus would wonder and I would get caught-up every now and then in stories and tape loops. The experience was characterized by a some effort, and to that extent, the equanimity so typically a part of my sessions of late was diminished.

Observations: I still feel a little out of sorts - my head hurts and I'm very tired. But this session was much more like those of earlier this week than of the past few days. My concentration is coming back and equanimity is presenting. I will continue to allow the sense-doors to vibrate without interference from me and to allow the Three Characteristics to present. Time will pass, most likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment